Honey Lime Sriracha Chicken Wings
- 2.5 pounds chicken wings (approximately 18-20 wings), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the glaze:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
In a large freezer bag or bowl, combine the chicken wings, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste.
To make the glaze: Heat all the ingredients together in a saucepan on the stovetop over medium heat and allow to simmer until slightly thickened. You can also heat the sauce in a microwaveable bowl for 2-3 minutes until the glaze is hot and thickened slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Place an oven-proof baking rack on top and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake on the upper middle rack for 40 minutes, flipping the wings over halfway through. Brush the wings with half of the glaze and turn the oven to broil – for about 4-5 minutes, or until crispy, watching closely so they don’t burn. Flip chicken over and brush with remaining glaze and broil the other side until crispy.
Slow Cooker Version:
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, add the chicken wings and pour half of the glaze over top. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 2-3 hours (or low 4-6 hours) or until wings are cooked through.
- Remove wings from slow cooker and place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Brush the wings with remaining glaze and broil for approximately 4-5 minutes or until crispy, watching closely so they don’t burn. Flip chicken over and brush with remaining glaze and broil the other side until crispy.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
Recipe from lifemadesweeter.com
Leave a comment
Log in to post comments