Chicken Taco Avocados
190 Views Posted on: September 27th 2017
For the filling:
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 4-oz. can green chiles, divided
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 package taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
- 3 ripe avocados
For the dressing:
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Heat broiler. In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, 1/2 can green chiles, pulled chicken, cheddar, taco seasoning, and fresh cilantro. Stir until combined.
- Halve and separate three avocados, removing pit and hollowing out insides. Mash insides in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place avocado boats face up and fill each with 1/3 cup of filling. Sprinkle with more cheddar and more fresh cilantro, then broil until cheese is melty, about 2 minutes.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, combine ranch, lime juice, remaining green chiles, cilantro, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Fold in mashed avocados and mix until smooth.
- Remove avocado boats from oven and transfer to serving dish. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with more cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Leave a comment
Log in to post comments