Slow Cooker Beef Stew
474 Views Posted on: October 18th 2017
- - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- - 2 lbs. stew meat, cut into cubes
- - Salt & pepper to taste
- - 1 lb. baby red potatoes, quartered
- - 4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- - 1 onion, diced
- - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- - 3 cups beef broth
- - 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- - 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- - 1 tsp. dried thyme
- - 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- - 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- - 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- - 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2. Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste. Add beef to the skillet and cook until evenly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Place beef, potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, and paprika until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- 5. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1/2 cup stew broth. Stir in flour mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until thickened.
- 6. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Leave a comment
Log in to post comments